Johna Johnson

Johna Johnson

CEO and Founder
Country: United States


Johna Till Johnson is CEO and Founder of Nemertes Research, where she sets research direction and works with strategic clients, particularly around their IoT and cybersecurity initiatives. Under her leadership, Nemertes has emerged as a leading trusted advisor to Fortune-50 and other world-class organizations.

A widely regarded expert, Ms. Johnson currently serves as the content committee chair at the Wall St. Technology Association (WSTA), which provides technology guidance to some of the world’s largest and most sophisticated financial services firms. She regularly speaks at industry trade shows, conferences, and seminars, including Nemertes Navigator360, IDG’s FutureIT, ISC, and WSTA. She writes regular columns on cybersecurity and IoT for TechTarget.

Prior to founding Nemertes in 2002, Ms. Johnson served as chief technology officer (CTO) at Greenwich Technology Partners, a global consulting and engineering firm. Prior to that, she led the Global Networking Strategies Service business unit of META Group. Prior to that, as Senior Technology Editor she oversaw the lab-testing program at Data Communications magazine, providing testing and assessment of up to 16 emerging technologies per year. She also has designed and developed embedded cybersecurity, speech-synthesis, and free-space laser products at companies including Mosler Security Systems and Digitus Corp.

Ms. Johnson holds a bachelor of science degree in electrical engineering/computer science (BSEE/CS) from The Johns Hopkins University, has conducted graduate work in nuclear and particle physics at the University of Rochester, speaks three languages, and has published a science fiction novel. She is an avid urban kayaker and novice woodworker and candymaker.

Panel Discussion

Accelerate ROI from your Digital Investments

Best Practices for IIoT-Enabled Advanced Manufacturing

Based on Nemertes Research’s self-sponsored primary research (we interviewed and surveyed 406 companies across 12 countries, with no outside sponsors), I plan to share documented best practices, that is, practices that align with quantitative success in terms of increased revenue, reduced costs, or optimized business processes.

That means we provide insight into how the most successful 20% of those implementing IIoT for advanced manufacturing are doing things differently from the other 80%, particularly when it comes to:

  • Staffing and organization
  • Budgeting and planning (how much to spend, and on what)
  • Rolling out the right technologies for IoT cybersecurity, networking, data management, and edge computing

    Participants will learn what works, and what doesn’t, when it comes to implementing IIoT for advanced manufacturing–based on objective, third-party data.


To the speakers page